17 Jan 2008

Mirage...!

I wish, if I could sleep..
Alas, mind refuses to retire.
Memories swim in the labyrinth
suffocating peace to breathe through.
However evoking soul to wish for a dream.
I wish, if I could dream.. 
and immerse self to feel eternal
for eyes ready to lent to have a glimpse 
of a virtual world, so incredible to be true. 
Though, it could be an illusion of gleam.
I wish, if I could reborn.. 
in that world of endless smiles
with no traces of fears and tears
to savour each moments forever anew
until let gazes to believe in the cream.
I wish, if I could die.. 
and never wake up from deep slumber 
by freezing dream in that moment of bliss
so the soul can possess this piece of hue
and start its voyage to a divine realm.
I wished, if my dreams were real..
Despite knowing it is a sheer mirage..!

8 comments:

pearl said...

way to go lady !! :-)

Awinish said...

Well,speaking true to ma heart,it luks like sombody gathered the pearl frm sea & put it into words.A vry beautiful & simply outstanding way to express ur feeling in words.Hats off dear..Its truely a gem..Keep writing.

Unknown said...

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven...And ur poems speaks a lot...can't put in words...lovely..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maya Dev said...

Ms.Pearl, Ms.Gauri & Mr. Avinish..

Thanks a lot for sparing some time to visit my blog and aprreciateing my poems by commenting sincerly..

Maaya.

Anonymous said...

Fluttering rainbows
dance in delight,
like iridescent moths
encircling a light.

Whimsical towers
that lean in the dark.
hungry, young canines
that sing with a bark.

I wish I had time
to witness this sight.
my hours are fleeting
and I’m done with this fight.

colorful flowers
glow decadently,
behind a façade
they cry silently.

Bring me an umbrella
to fend off the rain.
a butterfly dies
to end all the pain..

Butterflies of time said...

"Freezing my dream in that moment of bliss..
So my soul can own this piece of hue..
And start its voyage to a divine realm...!"
These lines are my favourite- the poem expresses an intense yearning to remain immersed in a bliss of dreams and to capture those happy moments for ever. The well-chosen words create a soft magic and lend so much beauty to this poem!

Maya Dev said...

Thank you so much friend (Butterflies of times). Your comments are truly appreciated & valued..