27 Mar 2015

The Significant Anthology




The much awaiting International anthology The Significant Anthology by Rejucted Stuff group   (facebook) featuring 176 writers from all over the world is going to be launched by next year. I feel greatly honoured and lucky to be part of this prestigious anthology. Sharing a platform with such esteemed writers itself is more than an award in true sense. The pleasure is unfathomable. Thank you so much RS team for featuring every poet who is part of this anthology. This joy would be incomplete unless I share this with all my friends and relatives.. ..heart emoticon With loving regards....Yours Maayasmile emoticon












66. Meet our contributor Maya Dev
Maaya in her own words
Maaya - the Upanishad's gem or what you live wrapped in the cocoons of illusion to demystify the intricacies between life and death. Thumb nailing myself of my ephemeral speck in the vast sea of universe and in the sea of poetic world here is what briefly speaks of me though I wish for my poems to speak of me.
I am an Economics graduate from Kerala. Life on this beautiful earth gifted me vast experiences. Extremity, unpredictability, complexity and the beauty of life makes me ponder and wonder and I try to mirror it through poems as it is a way of exploring life and its various moods and shades. Expression through poems is very refreshing. I have experienced poetry as a Xanax and as highly cathartic too. I feel poetry is a viaduct between everything in micro and macro levels. I am a lover of nature-it excites and inspires me. The Persian mystic poet Rumi is my favourite poet. Besides poetry, I enjoy doing creative things like making greeting cards, glass paintings and other home decoration stuff. Other pastimes include reading, writing, pencil sketching and teaching poor students who can’t afford tuition fees.
Lately I have recognised my writing spark and I am glad now I am moving with an aim to grow as a poet. Some of my dalliance as on this pristine journey as literary embellishments are fragmented in few anthologies like Anthesis, Indus Valley, Eternal, Change, Forever and Wings. I have been awarded ‘The Faith-Centred poet of 2014 (Highly commended ) in the ICOP: ROLL OF HONOUR, the Bi-Monthly Critics award for Nov/Dec, Poem of the month (August), 2015, ICOP Monthly Critics for February. at Destiny Poets UK ( An International Community Of Poets). Recently I was fortunate enough to become a winner of a fun poetry competition “NIGHTMARE” conducted by RS group.
‘Rejection is the new Acceptance’ the mantra of RS and the group proves it beautifully. Here is a poem inspired by the same theme.
Few More Rejections...!!
On the eternity of time a writer lives enlivened moments.
He lives alone listening to the chimes of his own ode.
Daily he carves a pet statuette out of his poetic strokes
So one day he can swirl in euphoric ecstasy as Rumi.
The short lived joy of the writer is obvious
as his embraced wish flames into rejected ash.
Wherever the shadows of unfair rejection ensue
the moisture of pain dehydrates on myriad submissions.
Destined destiny of a writer flutters as unrequited dreams
When rejections let him live in a demised smoke of life.
Yet he waits for few more rejections on every submission
which he shall surpass until he embraces his due acceptance.
It is a great pleasure to be featured at such a prestigious platform sharing space with many eminent, budding and young poets / writers. A very warm thanks from the deep core of my heart to RS team, fellow poets, friends and in fact to every living or nonliving thing for conspiring to shape, mould and chisel me into more of being human and the river of my poetry to see more of springs till it meets some gigantic sea .on the way of acquiescence and enlightenment. I pray sincerely to the mother of universe with the famous Sanskrit verse " तमसो मॅा ज्योतिर गमय “ ( Lead me from darkness to light.). Once again wishing one and all the very best.
Team RS wishes this brave lady who has overcome many obstacles in her life with fortitude and has grown as a writer on the strength of her experiences and by stepping on her adversities a very bright future.
Proud of you Maya Dev!
Her prose piece in the antho: The Untethered Soul

No comments: