24 Feb 2015

A Beautiful Journey

I landed on the mars in search of my beloved
I was spellbound to see scattered rubies around.

I dived into the red sea as a mermaid
and come up onto the shore disappointed.
Alien was thy ambiance and beloved was missing.
Suddenly my heart stopped beating.
I felt the strangeness was shrugging me off.
The desperation to escape yearn me to fly  

I float like a feather through the passing clouds.
I saw the greener earth below
Spread as an embellished emerald carpet.
The emitting petrichor embraced me.
At north stand tall, Himalaya the host
Waiting with a pearl garland of Ganga for me
For, I was an angel of earth who was lost.

The dream union of both succumbed
to the ballads of Shakespeare.
When the mystic verses of Tagore
inhaled the secret as breath.
I belonged to Venus not to Earth!

Gloomy I continue the sojourn.
As a hobo I was roaming whole universe
in search of my beloved for a union.
Since ages I was left to live
with only one season, Untired Wait.
                                              My desperation shed as tears
and frosted on the layers of eternity
to get melt in the warmth of my beloved.
As I knew the universe would conspire
to make this union of Mars & Venus some day.
So I wait for the golden moment impatiently.

Suddenly alarm rang and my eyes opened.
The reality unfolded and I was on bed.
The ride was not real but was a gift
from my dream to the dream world.
I sighed forlornly and a reminder tickled me.
Dreams are always dreams!
 I just said and smiled.
Breeze, the messenger whispered to me
It’s the most beautiful smile ever seen
And I smiled....

© Maaya Dev 2015









No comments: