3 Mar 2008

Contentment..A Real Blessing..!


In our life we must have heard many times the word Contentment..But I used to wonder well how many among us really understsand the meaning and importance of being contented with oneself and ones life...I doubt.

It says that contentment could be derived from various resources of what life has to offer. It could be in the form of people, things or circumstances in one’s life. But I am asking you..are we contented with what we have? Or does it lie in the material things that we desire so much to possess? What is it in being contented with? What we have with us or that is around us? Do we need to fulfill all our desires, always?

In life actually I have experienced..what it is like to fall over and over again and still manage to recuperate from it and ready to take on the world. Each experience has taught me something new to learn from and adapt to it in my daily life. So no dissatisfactions to crib about as of now and definitely trying to enjoy whichever way my life is flowing. I know I am not talking something new here as each one of us may have gone through similar mind-boggling and life-changing experiences to relate to. If given a chance to glance back on life’s journey, for most of us, it would still be a fresh memory. One may simply smile off with a shrug that it wasn’t that a bad experience to cling on.. But at times we deliberately, tend to miss out on the goodness of it and brood more over the displeasures that caused that situation.

Amidst all these, at times I feel contented with my life and sometimes I dont miss anything at all..When I see things or people around me, it doesn’t seem to make an impact on me as a being. I wonder why? Am I not human being or is that I am impeccable or absolutely flawless.? By saying so may be I'm trying to justify my actions or glorifying self unpropotionatelty or I could be trying to shirk away from my trueself or the expectations from myself including my family and friends who look upon me trustingly to see me succeeding..? But the fact is I don’t try to stop myself from sailing along as I know there will be many pleasant things/unpleasant things that I shall come across en route. Because somewhere I realise the neccessity to be contented with my life ..so striving for a little more attainment in a blissful way, which I see as a genuine need for a better quality of one’s life. Many life has changed by walking on a humble and spiritual path. Setbacks of life should be always a experimental learning path to take us ahead in a mature way.




I happened to read a few beautiful lines somewhere, which touched me deeply. It said, “Success is getting what you like; and satisfaction is enjoying what you get. Excatly, satisfaction can only be derived from contentment only. In other words 'Contentment' is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.. Another thought provoking reality is that rejoice in everything that you have, instead of pondering about what is missing. Be grateful for it but do go ahead and work on what it is not, yet in a humble way. These are such thoughtful and beautiful lines to rely on..

I believe that the best way of remaining content is to simplify one’s life by doing what one feels is right and what makes ones life happy. Fewer desires, less complexities. But same time achieve what you once desired without completely denying, yet be contented with what one has without losing one’s charm and dignity...

No comments: