26 Oct 2013

Metamorphosis....



A masterpiece of God's creation, 
bestowed me with marvelous elation.

As I watch the magical process with glory,
A caterpillar turns into a pretty butterfly.

Lover of flowers, prince of garden, 
belonging to eternal spring of Edan.

Delicate lacy wings sway without noise,
Angelic swing is poise with no choice.

Effortless flight, indeed a delicious sight,
Onlooker go unblinking with colour fest, 

Butterfly sips flavour of sweet honey, 
with no hurry or worry, only moments merry. 

A butterfly’s life is short, an irreversible sort, 
yet a tiny fly taught, how to live life a lot.

A sudden vision mirrored of a livid being..
pristine truth surfaced, I am a human being. 

Compressed cocoon my domain, shadows forlorn and thick,
restless hermit as I remain, freedom of air I seek.

Metamorphosis only revolution as prognosis, I conform
Old robes shed as I form, new wings sprout what a reform!

I am on a verge of flight, with gusto I fly
and flutter like a butterfly, my dream, I comply.

© Maaya Dev 



No comments: